Hello Everyone!
This past week was amazing! We had over 30 lessons and we were able to do lots of service! We helped at a pretty big service project where we cut down trees, chopped them all up, and stacked the wood for firewood. I got to see a tree get cut down - it was pretty awesome. There were some little kids helping to stack the wood, and one of them kept saying that usually he wears gloves when he helps his dad with trees. He seemed really upset that he had forgotten his gloves :) poor kid. Life is hard sometimes. It was really fun, I love doing service, and its been especially nice since it has been such great weather lately! It's been in the 60s for a couple weeks now, but somehow people still think its cold outside. We'll knock on the door and whoever answers will say "Oh, hurry and come inside its freezing out there!" when the sun is shining and we're wearing short sleeves. People are funny :)
As far as the work, it is wonderful as always. I love it and I'm learning everyday. People are opening up to us and I love it because it means that they trust us :) One lady that we have been trying to meet with since I got here finally let us know what's happening in her life. Last night we had a feeling we should go by, and when we did she completely opened up and told us everything. Her family is going through a lot because her mom and grandma just passed away. She's not a member of the church, but her husband is. She's been hesitant to meet with us because her husband has had some bad experiences with LDS people, and she doesn't want to cause more problems by meeting with us. We were able to pray with her and let her know that everything will be okay and that we're here for her, even if she just needs someone to talk to. I am so glad that I have the spirit to help me in the times when I don't know what to say and when I need comfort myself. I have really been thinking a lot about Mosiah 2:41 lately. I know that when I keep the commandments, I am happier and I do receive all the blessings that I need. All Heavenly Father wants for us is to be happy, so He's given us the commandments so we can know HOW to be happy. He loves us no matter what!
I am excited for my last transfer here in the USLCS Mission. I can't believe it has come already, but I know that everything I have learned here will prepare me for the rest of my life and for eternity.
Have a wonderful week everyone!
Love,
Sister Wight
There is a house that looks like the UP house right by our area :)
It was quite windy, so we took a really lovely picture :) gotta keep it fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment