Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day

Hello!
Well, this past week has been pretty crazy!  We finally started riding bikes, and it is pretty fun!  We get around a lot quicker now, but its a little difficult to ride a bike in a skirt...we make do though.  We talked to a bunch of people outside, and set up several appointments to meet people!  We were so excited, but every single one of them fell through.  It was pretty disappointing.  Also, Mickele told us that she wants her Uncle to baptize her, and he can't come up here from St George until mid July.  We talked to her about it and she's going to see if she can go down there instead, so she doesn't have to wait that long before receiving the blessings that our Heavenly Father wants her to have.  We're still waiting to hear the word on that, so I'll keep you posted.  Even though we had some difficult moments this week, we are learning so much about being obedient.  Obedience really does bring blessings from heaven.  When we are showing Heavenly Father that we trust Him enough to obey His commandments, miracles happen.  I know that we will experience miracles as we keep being obedient and trying our hardest to serve the people here in Riverton.
Sister Lewis and I were feeling pretty down because of all of our lessons falling through, but yesterday at church during Sacrament Meeting, one Brother was talking about President Monson's talk from the General Conference in October of last year called "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee" and about how when hard things happen to us, instead of saying "Why me?" we should be saying "Why not me?"  When trials and challenges come into our lives, Heavenly Father wants us to learn something.  He wants us to grow and become stronger through the things we experience.  The experinces we have aren't just random or coincidence.  They're there for a reason, and if we are willing to learn from them and endure them well, we will be better for it.  I know that.  I know that everything will work out.
Lately we have been doing a bunch of service!  Lots of gardening and yard work, I love it!  We've also been having a lot of lessons with the families in our wards to get them focused on missionary work, and its been a really neat thing to see so many families get excited about this great work we are doing!  Other than that, we are just really busy!  We're using family history work to get to know people, we're teaching seminary this upcoming week, our music firesides are starting next week, and we're just pumped up about this Stake!  I think I've sung in Sacrament meeting almost every week this transfer, I love it!  A little 4 year old boy came up to me after I sang yesterday and said "You are beautiful".  It made my day!  And even though Mickele might not be able to be baptized this weekend, when we were talking to her about it she started crying, and when we asked her what was wrong she told us that she was just so excited and happy to be getting baptized.  She said she has never felt the peace and happiness she has felt these past two months since she's been learning about the gospel, and that she wants this for her own family someday.  Even when it was rainy and cloudy this week, the sun would always come out at the end of the day and remind us that Heavenly Father loves us and all of His children. 
Have a wonderful week! 
Love
Sister Wight    


***We love getting emails, texts, and pictures from the members in the areas where Leslea is serving.  They are so nice to send them:) and I'm sure Leslea enjoyed their chocolate cake***



Dear Sister Wight,

Hi, my name is Rekehl Johnson from Riverton, Utah, and I had the great pleasure to visit with your missionary daughter on Monday night.  She and her companion, Sister Lewis, came to our home for Family Home Evening and shared with us the Restoration lesson they give to non members.  I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know we really enjoyed having her over and visiting with both of them and your daughter shared her beautiful testimony with my family.  My son is also serving a mission in Maceio Brazil and has been gone for 17 months.  As a fellow missionary mother, it was nice to visit with missionaries in the field and connect with them about serving their missions and their experiences.  I know how much I live for the pictures my son sends me so I thought I would send you the picture I took of her and her companion.  You have a beautiful daughter and you must be very proud of her as she serves the Lord during this special time in her life.  We loved visiting with her and feeding her chocolate cake!

Sincerely,
Rekehl Johnson


           





No comments:

Post a Comment