Monday, May 19, 2014

There's no deterring the hippies on Trax



Hello!

This past week has been amazing!  We were able to take our investigator, Mickele, to Temple Square to watch the Restoration video :) The Sister Missionaries introducing the movie were from the Philippines and Germany, and the Sister from Germany told us to "Enjoy Ze Movie!"  We really wanted her to be able to feel the spirit and know that Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that this is the true church.  When the movie ended, she said: "Wow".  She did feel the spirit, and she told us that ever since she has been meeting with us, reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church, she has felt different than ever before in her entire life.  This gospel really is true!
On our way back to Riverton, Sister Lewis and I got hit on by some hippies on Trax, one of which was trying to get us to give him our number.  His fellow hippies got busted by some cops for having drugs at one of the stations, but no-he wasn't deterred by that at all.  I almost gave him our Zone Leaders' number, just to see what would happen if he called.  That was fun! 
We are trying to get our stake on fire about Missionary Work!  We were feeling a bit discouraged lately because no one seems to really be thinking about Missionary Work, but yesterday all throughout the day people were proving us wrong.  A Brother in one of our ward's told us that we were his heroes and that he wants us to help his daughter who is struggling with whether or not to serve a mission, another Sister told us that she has invited her neighbors to church, and that she wants to ask them to take the discussions from us, and everyone kept telling us that they appreciate all that we have been doing and that they want to help us.  It was awesome!  The stake really is starting to get excited about this work.  Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers, and I know He is answering yours, too.  
We've also been studying the Atonement lately.  President Chambers compiled a Study Guide of talks, scriptures, and other materials on the Atonement that we will be studying for 31 days.  It has already changed me and my personal testimony of the Atonement and how we really can CHANGE.  I love it! 
We're having a "Sister Meeting" this week in our mission, and Sister Lewis and I will be doing "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" for all of the Sisters.  I am so excited!  I'll have to send the words of the song in my next email, because the words are beautiful and actually talk about the power of the Atonement quite a bit.  
Besides that, Sister Lewis and I are doing great!  I am so blessed to have Sister Lewis as my companion.  She is a wonderful companion and friend.  She is AWESOME! We'll be attempting to actually ride our bikes this week, so wish us luck. 
Have a wonderful week everyone and I love you!

Sister Wight 



***Leslea finally had a Premium Creamie--and it only took 8 months.  We can't get them here in Virginia, so whenever we are in the west we try to get some.  I asked Leslea once if she had Premium Creamies yet on her mission and she hadn't, so it's about time;)***




No comments:

Post a Comment