Hello Everyone!
Before I get all serious, let me explain the subject of my email. Sister Castro, Sister Kushalieva, and I always say this when something awkward or funny happens. I thought it was fitting to use it as the subject of my last email, because I know that I will see all of the people I have met here again someday. What do you say in your last email home on your mission? Here it goes...
I have loved my experiences here on my mission. I want everyone to know that I know that this gospel is true. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love me and all of us. All they want is our happiness. That is why we have the commandments, that is why we have the Book of Mormon, that is why we have a prophet on the earth today, that is why we have families, that is why Heavenly Father answers our prayers, and that is why He sent His son to the earth to sacrifice His life for us. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I just finished it again this morning, and the spirit bore witness to me that it is true. I feel the spirit every time I read it. I know that if we live the gospel of Jesus Christ, we will be happy. We will have true joy, not just the momentary happiness that the world gives us. Nothing is more powerful than our Heavenly Father's love for us.
***I CANNOT BELIEVE this is the LAST blog post!!! In about 48 hours we will be picking Leslea up at the airport--it's surreal. It's like being a kid on Christmas Eve when you're so excited you can't sleep. Like that, but 100 times more:) I am so grateful for the opportunity to share in Leslea's mission--and to share it with all of you. I will always be thankful for the choice she made to serve the Lord. It has truly blessed my life. Now, I only have to wait a little bit longer to squeeze my little "Pumpkin Head"!!!***
No comments:
Post a Comment