Monday, March 9, 2015

Our (Little) Brothers and Sisters

Hello All!

This past week was wonderful, we had lots of new experiences and business as usual!  I hope I can get across what I've felt this past week!  We received iPads and our Zone had a training meeting, where our Zone Leaders had a man come speak to us who used to be a Mission President.  He told us a lot of stories and inspirational things, but what I loved most was when he talked about how everyone in our area is our little brother or sister spiritually.  Its our responsibility and privilege to look after them and teach them about the gospel.  I really loved that, especially since I've been teaching a lot of kids and teenagers lately.  I can feel a little portion of how much Heavenly Father loves them and wants them to be happy.  I want them to be happy too, and I know its through the gospel!  

Yesterday at church in Sunday School, our teacher gave us this quote on Charity:
"The best and most clear indicator that we are progressing spiritually and coming unto Christ is the way we treat other people."  Elder Marvin J. Ashton said: "Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet.  Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped.  Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us.  Charity is expecting the best of each other."

I loved this quote!  I want to develop that kind of Charity.  I know that my mission and my life has helped me to learn how to love and empathize with others more, and I know the Lord will continue to help me learn about and acquire this wonderful attribute.  It reminds me of a scripture:
Moroni 7:47 
But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.  

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  

Sister Wight 

No comments:

Post a Comment