Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas To You!

I can't believe that it's already Christmas.  I love this time of year so much and I know it's because I am reminded of the Savior and His birth.  This past week we had a Christmas devotional with our Mission Presidency, and President Chambers read 1 Nephi 11 with us.  It describes Lehi's Vision to Nephi.  I loved it because when Nephi asks to understand what the Tree means, the angel shows him Mary and the baby Jesus.  It was really powerful.  God loves us so much that He sent His son to the earth to be born, live, and die for us.  And now He lives again.  What a wonderful thought.  Jesus Christ lives and He loves you.  I know He does.  Heavenly Father knows you and has a plan for you, and He wants you to remember His son who sacrificed everything for you out of pure love. 
This week we are actually pretty busy, which is great!  We have lessons, we're going to go caroling, and on Christmas Day we'll be able to see our families and spend time with members here in our area who are nice enough to invite us into their homes :) I am excited.  I am sad that this is my last Christmas as a missionary, but I am going to give gifts to others that will show them that I love and genuinely care for them.  We meet a lot of people who are lonely, depressed, stressed, or in other ways are struggling.  Especially at this time of year, I want to reach out to people who need to feel the Savior's love for them.  I hope you will do the same, because that is our greatest gift to our Father in Heaven!   
I hope you each have a wonderful Christmas and will help others to have the same!
I Love You!
 
Sister Wight
 

PS- Sorry, we are emailing somewhere different today and I can't upload my pictures.  I'll send some next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment