Monday, September 30, 2013

My suitcase is bursting!--but send bulky winter clothes...


Hi! :)
My first week was so great.  I already love it.  I'm in an area called Sandy East.  Sister Davis and I are working in the Sandy Granite Stake- it has 7 Wards!  We live at a member's house named Rebecca and she lives alone; we stay in her basement.  Yesterday we bore our testimonies in 4 different wards!  Also- we already had a baptism haha.  Sister Davis and her previous companion were teaching Michael and Nikolas Neely (they're 9 and 8) and I came in the week they were supposed to be baptized.  The first time I met them they said their dad wouldn't let them get baptized, but then the next morning their grandpa called and said that their dad had changed his mind!  It was awesome :)  Also, one of our newest investigators came to church for the full three hours yesterday!  Her name is Jennifer and she was the first lesson I ever taught on my mission.  She is amazing.  We're really excited for her.  There are three companionships in my district and two of them are Sister companionships.  Two Elders from my zone in the MTC are in my zone here as well.  I love President and Sister Chambers, they are really sweet and very helpful. It's really pretty here.  I love seeing the mountains outside of my window!
We've actually been listening to some pretty good church music cds because we have a car (I'm so glad-we're lucky).  Our zone leaders also dropped off my bike, so that's good.  We get to go to the temple on Sister Davis' birthday (October 15) so I'm really excited for that :)   I've already heard some pretty interesting Utah names.  A baby was just blessed yesterday in church who's name was Paisley...
I am so excited- we get to go to Conference for the sunday afternoon session!  We invited our investigator Wanda and she wants to come!  That'll be such a cool experience- I can't wait.  
 My mouth is doing a lot better.  I have been blessed this week for sure- we've been so busy, and I really don't have time to be dealing with my gums.  But they've been fine since Wednesday or so, I just have to keep cleaning them out and taking antibiotics. 
As far as things that I need...if you could start sending my winter clothes, that would be awesome.  It's already cold :( Gloves, hats, scarves, LEGGINGS, coat, boots.  Could you send a few sweatshirts?  I didn't bring any because I'm crazy.  Oh and also- my suitcase is bursting.  I'll need another one soon because it was already bursting when I got here and if I add more clothes I wont be able to fit everything in just one. 
I love being a missionary.  I am always so happy and I love the work!  I pray for you all everyday.  I love you.  
Love,
Sister Wight 
  
1 Samuel 2:19

"Moreover his mother made him a little coat, and brought it to him from year to year..."

*I will not   be making Leslea a coat (which should be a relief to her) and sadly, I will not be bringing her a coat from year to year:(






No comments:

Post a Comment