Monday, September 23, 2013

Infections, numbness and....singing?


As for how my mouth is doing...that's kind of a long story.  Last Tuesday I woke up and the left side of my mouth was throbbing and really sore.  Sister Castro and I had to go to main campus where they sent me to a dentist (Dad might have told you that they had to call him for insurance stuff) and it turns out that my hole from my wisdom tooth was infected.  So that was fun- they numbed me up and scraped all of the infection out.  (Sorry Noelle-I know it's gross!)  And now I have to spray the hole clean with a pipette thing after I eat like you had to do.  And then it was feeling a lot better, but yesterday I woke up and the other side was infected, but I had to wait until today to go get that hole scraped out too.  It hasn't been fun. I'm just not sure exactly how I'm supposed to eat since I'm not supposed to chew on either side.  Oh well- it should get better now.  
I can't believe we leave tomorrow morning...it's so crazy!  I'm so excited though!!  I hope everything is going well at home :)  
I have learned so much at the MTC.  I feel so much closer to the spirit and to my Savior.  Sister Castro and I got to teach a Progressing Investigator this past week and her name was Leah.  The teachers here don't tell us whether they are pretending to be investigators or if they are real- but she was an Evangelical Christian and loved to sing.  We walked in for the first lesson and she started singing and playing guitar.  I was so excited!!! For our other lessons we sang hymns for her.  She is a really wonderful person and we are sad to leave her- she gave us her email so we can keep in touch.  I'll have to tell you more about her later- but I can't wait to get out in the field and keep meeting and teaching people!  Can't wait to tell you about my first week in the mission field!! Tell everyone I say hello :) 



Hopefully she will find something she can eat that doesn't require much chewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment